Mortar Net Solutions, a supplier of moisture management solutions for masonry walls, will introduce DriPlane, its drainage plane for exterior rainscreen systems, at the 2017 World of Concrete trade show. DriPlane is designed for use between the inner structural wall and exterior cladding and is ideal for stucco, thin brick and stone, fiber cement, vinyl and wood siding, manufactured stone and most other absorptive claddings.
The easy-to-install system helps prevent peeling, cracking or blistering by allowing the backside of the exterior finish to drain and dry quickly and completely. Some of the major benefits of DriPlane include:
- A 90 percent, open-weave polyester mesh with attached vapor-permeable membrane for rapid drainage and drying.
- Easy to install using familiar tools.
- Molded-in channels providing clear, continuous drainage and ventilation pathways.
- Easily removable membrane for cutting around openings and creating overlaps.
- Allows complete encapsulation of metal lath in adhered masonry applications.
- Acts as a capillary and mortar break between cladding and the weather resistant barrier.
- Black color makes DriPlane virtually invisible through gaps in rainscreen veneer.
- Allows siding and veneers to move independently of the structural wall to help prevent damage due to variations in expansion/contraction rates of wall components.
- Features for standard ¼-inch-thick DriPlane include convenient, 4-foot by 65-foot rolls for rapid coverage and fewer seams, a 10-millimeter thickness option and UV resistance