Known globally as the world’s gathering place for advancing concrete, ACI will host its annual convention in Rosemont, Ill., March 29-April 2, 2020. With a streamlined name—the ACI Concrete Convention—and an updated and energized identity, the event will showcase the convening power of the institute, the diversity of our community, and the knowledge sharing that occurs between experts, professionals, and students.
The convention will feature 40+ technical and educational sessions to provide attendees with the latest research, case studies, best practices, and the opportunity to earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
The International Lunch will include a presentation, “High-Performing Buildings with Sustainable Concrete,” by special guest Erleen Hatfield. The presentation will discuss the use of concrete in sustainable construction, including the new Atlanta stadium, academic buildings, and high-rise construction. Sustainable and meaningful best practices in concrete construction will be shared. Additionally, the role of technology (BIM) in design will be presented and how it can be beneficial to project stakeholders and sustainability goals.
Other convention highlights include:
- Fiber-Reinforced Bowling Ball Student Competition
- Student Lunch with guest speaker, David Lange, ACI past president
- An industry exhibition showcasing more than 40 exhibitors
ACI will also be conducting certification exams including:
- Concrete Construction Special Inspector Certification Exam
- Concrete Quality Technical Manager Certification Exam
- Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector Certification Exam
- Post-Installed Anchor Installation Inspector Certification Exam
Throughout the convention, ACI will hold over 300 committee meetings, 40+ technical sessions, an industry trade exhibition, networking events, and more. Registration is open online, and discounted rates are offered until Feb. 23, 2020. To learn more about the ACI Convention and to register please visit aciconvention.org.