Caterpillar has launched a mobile app designed to help Caterpillar customers take advantage of their equipment telematics data. The Cat App delivers simplified, streamlined data directly to a user’s mobile device so they can quickly view and monitor machine location and health, react faster to fault codes and maximize uptime.
“App development included 150 customers and dealers from around the world to learn what they considered most important from their telematics data,” says Fred Rio, director of digital and technology for Caterpillar Construction Industries. “The vast majority of the feedback, regardless of brand, fell into three customer challenges: tracking machine hours and location, receiving equipment fault codes, and managing maintenance without being tied to the computer back at the office.”
With the Cat App, users will see the location of all equipment as well as machines’ operating hours, health and utilization data. They will receive notifications of upcoming planned maintenance as well as fault codes.
- Monitor your entire fleet
- Track hours, location, fuel level and utilization
- Customizable push notifications alert users of machine operating conditions
- Upcoming planned service indicators based on machine operating hours
- Establish different thresholds for sending event notification
- Enable keyless start/Operator ID for Next Generation Cat Excavators
- Activate Product Link devices
- Order parts and/or service with an auto-filled contact form
- Connect with your Cat dealer from the worksite
- 35 different languages available
- Data can be viewed and uploaded on the companion website: https://my.cat.com