Construction firms have payroll and HR challenges, such as job costing, managing government compliance and reporting, attracting and retaining workers, unions and managing multiple projects across different sites. To solve these problems, ADP, a global technology company providing human capital management (HCM) solutions, has launched ADP Workforce Now for Construction.
Built within ADP Workforce Now, an all-in-one HCM solution, this specialized software provides construction firms with the tools needed to run payroll, manage HR and recruit and develop workers.
“Construction businesses are too busy trying to get the work done and have limited time to worry about complex pay and compliance issues,” said Kit Dickinson, vice president business development, ADP. “In addition, an uncertain economy makes it harder for construction firms to manage material and labor costs. Without good visibility into payroll, it’s hard to hire the right people and stay on top of labor expenditures. Until now, there hasn’t been an end-to-end HCM solution specifically designed to meet the unique HR and payroll challenges of the construction industry.”
“The construction industry is singular in its human capital management challenges,” said Quincy Valencia, vice president and research director, Ventana Research. “Construction businesses must handle complex regulations and reporting requirements, manage a geographically dispersed workforce, and find the quantity and quality of labor needed in a tight labor market. HCM software built specifically for the construction industry is long overdue. ADP recognizes this and has combined deep construction and HCM tech expertise for a comprehensive solution to help keep firms compliant and managing their workforce more efficiently.”
Construction specific payroll and compliance
- Track and manage regulatory requirements for single or cross-state operations
- Automate applying prevailing wage and fringe rates for government funded projects
- Manage and assign union wages and benefits
- Create Certified Payroll and Union reports within the system
- Transfer job cost and general ledger data to existing ERP
- Track time and attendance in real time for employees working on multiple jobs and performing different roles
All-in-one HR suite
- Automated timekeeping, attendance tracking and scheduling simplifies compliance
- ADP mobile app with geofencing provides secure access and self-service for managers and employees
- Compensation benchmarks by industry, geography and position
- Recruiting tools for attracting the right workers to meet the needs of each project across government, union and contract work
- A single solution for managing talent that includes employee training, performance and goal management and succession planning
Construction Center of Excellence
ADP Workforce Now for Construction clients also have access to ADP’s Construction Center of Excellence (CCOE), a team of dedicated construction software specialists who provide implementation and training guidance built for construction clients. ADP’s CCOE provides industry clients with ongoing support for a variety of topics including payroll, taxes, compliance, reporting and more.