Based on conversations with exhibitors participating in the Pre-INTERMAT networking event in Paris last week, INTERMAT 2015 will present significant innovations to the global market. There promises to be a mix of world premiere products for the construction industry, along with first-time appearances of recently introduced equipment, components and materials at a major European exhibition.
In addition to participating in the Innovation Awards ceremony recognizing leading edge products scheduled to be on exhibit in Paris from April 20-25, approximately 150 international journalists gathered at Pre-INTERMAT to visit with representatives from some of the industry’s top manufacturers and suppliers to learn what we can anticipate from this year’s show.
Following are a few of the product highlights you can expect to see this Spring at the international exhibition for equipment and techniques for construction and materials industries. Please note that not all models are intended for North American introduction, while some may be introduced in North America at a later date and/or with different nomenclature or specifications to address regional regulatory requirements. Yet, all represent innovative technology that can influence future product design and application across the globe.
- Two years ago, Wacker Neuson introduced the ECO seal to distinguish products that are particularly economical and environmentally friendly. ECO products to be exhibited include the new WL20e wheel loader with an electric drive system and a bucket capacity of 0.2 cubic meters. Two electric motors, one for the drive system and one for the hydraulics, ensure that performance features of the WL20e match those of the conventional machine. Also shown under the ECO seal are the battery-powered AS 30 and AS 50 rammers. Especially suited for compaction work in trench applications or indoors, these models protect the end user from exhaust emissions and achieve up to a 63% savings by operating with electricity. Rounding out the field are the new 10-ton EW100 mobile excavator with optimized hydraulic system and ECO operating mode that enable up to 20% lower fuel consumption; a new portfolio of tandem and combi rollers from 1.8 to 4.5 tons; and the 2015 Innovation Award-winning 803 dual power mini-excavator.
- Liebherr was a recipient of a 2015 Innovation Award for its new LiUP crane driver elevator for tower cranes, which it will present in its stand at INTERMAT. The LiUP is designed to transport two people or a payload of 200 kg. Crane drivers can enter and exit it safely using the tower platforms. If required for a crane driver rescue, the LiUP can be operated independently of the crane's power supply. Also premiering at the trade fair will be the 172 EC-B 8 Litronic flat-top crane, which represents a complete revision of the successful 160 EC-B model. The 172 EC-B 8 Litronic will now hoist 2,100 kg (+15%) with a radius of 60.0 m at the jib head. The new erection concept for the jib allows the load hook and trolley to remain on the job pivot section during transport, meaning no additional work is required to erect the trolley.
- In addition to featuring its new E-Series excavators (922E, 925E and 930E), which made their debut at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014 last March and premiered in Europe in May 2014, LiuGong will highlight its all-new H Series wheel loaders for the first time outside of China since their premiere at Bauma China 2014 in Shanghai. Developed from the ground up, the H Series will be represented by the 39,242-lb. 856H loader, which has been tailored for the European market and equipped with a 215-hp (gross) Cummins QSB6.7 engine that is fully compliant with EU Stage IV/EPA Tier 4 Final regulations. It also features a ZF AP3000 wet axle with reinforced axle housing and a reinforced ZF 4WG200 automatic shift transmission with kickdown function and electric proportional FNR lever. The 856H will be available first in Europe with expectations for availability of a North American version in the second half of 2015.
- Komatsu plans to highlight intelligent Machine Control with the PC210LCi-10 excavator, introduced to North American customers last Fall, and the new D65PXi-18 dozer, which will make its European debut at INTERMAT 2015. Also sharing the spotlight will be the HB215LC-2 third-generation Hybrid excavator, which reduces fuel consumption by up to 40%. Also appearing for the first time in Europe will be the D155AX-8 dozer, the PC360LC-11 and PC240LC-11 hydraulic excavators, the PW148-10 wheeled excavator and a High Reach Demolition PC490LC-10 excavator. In all, 29 machines will be showcased in the company’s indoor stand and outdoor demo ground.
- In its roughly 4,000-sq. meter stand, Case Construction Equipment will be displaying its new C Series grader offering, which will include two models with operating weights of 13 and 16 tonnes, available in 6x4 and 6x6 all-wheel-drive versions. The graders feature the Hi-eSCR technology developed by FPT Industrial, which meets Tier 4 Final standards with only Selective Catalytic Reduction. The models shown at INTERMAT will be customized to the unique needs of European applications. Case also plans to launch its new generation D Series crawler excavators. The four new models range from 25- to 40-tonnes operating weight, run a Tier 4 Final (Stage IV) engine and feature the Case Intelligent Hydraulic System with electronically controlled hydraulic pumps and a larger main valve that improve machine responsiveness. The result is up to 12% faster cycle times than the previous generation, up to 6% higher breakout force and increased lifting power.
- BOMAG will show a number of new light equipment models. In addition to the BPR 40/60D reversible plate, the new BMP 8500 multi-purpose trench compactor will be available for the first time globally with a standard Economizer measuring system. In addition, the new BT 60 G and BT 65 G tampers replace the conventional gasoline fuel tanks with propane tanks, allowing for propane-powered, emissions-free operation. On the heavy equipment side, the company will showcase the new 2-meter BM 2000/75 cold planer with 750 hp and a 2,000-mm milling width; BW 191 and BW 206 articulated tandem rollers with operating weights of 12 to 16 tonnes and a choice of three exciter systems; and pneumatic-tired, articulated rollers from 4.5 to 11 tonnes for the European market.
- In addition to celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Haulotte Group, the company plans to introduce several new models of lifts, starting with the STAR 8 and STAR 10 vertical masts with jib for use in confined working areas; the 20m HA20 RTJ articulated boom lift and a new 20m Pro version of the HA16 RTJ rough-terrain articulated boom; the updated HT23 RTJ rough-terrain telescopic boom; and the range of Tier 4 Final/Stage IV telescopic handlers. Also on hand will be RTJ PRO versions of the HA32, HA41 and HT43 boom lifts, incorporating a new generation modular basket, advanced diagnostic features and new options including a swing door, glazier pack and 3.5-kW hydraulic generator.
- Three Terex business segments will be represented at INTERMAT 2015. Representing Aerial Work Platforms, Genie will feature the Z-62/40 which replaces the 20m working height diesel articulating boom; redesigned telehandlers with Tier 3b engines; the Super Boom lift family, which can reach 60m in less than five minutes; the 69-series bi-energy hybrid (BE) rough-terrain electric scissor lift; and the 12m electric Z-33/18 articulating boom. While teasing the planned introduction of a “brand new machine,” the Construction group announced its intent to display its Tier 4 Final site dumpers, re-engineered entry level backhoe-loader and updated TL80 wheel loader, TW85 Tier 4 wheel loader and TC19 mini-excavator. The Crane division will display the Explorer 5600 all-terrain crane, which premiered at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014 but is new to European customers. Also on hand will be the new CTT 181 flat top tower crane with a lifting capacity of up to 8t and a maximum jib length of 65m.
- The Wirtgen Group's exhibition area will host innovations from its five product brands. Wirtgen is unveiling the W 35 Ri and W 100 CFi, two new small milling machines. Vögele will display new machines from the "Dash 3" generation, including the SUPER 1303-3i and the SUPER 1800-3i SprayJet. Hamm will showcase the DV+ 70i VO tandem roller with all-wheel steering, and the H 7i compactor, a compact model for soil applications. Kleemann will exhibit the MOBICONE MCO 9 EVO cone crusher and a MOBICAT MC 110 Z EVO jaw crusher. And in its debut on the Wirtgen Group stand, Benninghoven, part of the Mineral Technologies business sector, will present the new mobile mixing tower BBX 1250 for the first time.
- Alongside Volvo Construction Equipment and Volvo Trucks, Volvo Penta will show its Stage IV/Tier 4 Final D11 engine, as well as its new Stage IV/Tier 4 Final-compliant 5-liter D5 and 8-liter D8 engines, which utilize selective catalytic reduction (SCR) to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV requirements. No diesel particulate filter, diesel oxidation catalyst or cooled EGR is required, allowing for installation within a smaller footprint and reduced owning and operating costs. Maintaining its own stand, the Volvo Group’s recently acquired Terex Trucks division will make its international debut at INTERMAT, where it will be presenting a line-up of articulated and rigid haulers. Representing the division’s line-up at the show will be the TA300 and TA400 articulated dump trucks and TR60 rigid dump truck.
To access a complete list of exhibitors, as well as details and news about INTERMAT 2015, visit paris-en.intermatconstruction.com. You will also find ongoing coverage leading up to the show on ForConstructionPros.com.