Atlas Copco’s new RTEX pneumatic breaker offers rental centers and contractors a cost-effective and powerful solution for a variety of demolition projects. The RTEX requires just 37 cfm to operate, about 50% less air energy than conventional breakers in the same weight class. This gives contractors the option to run multiple breakers off of a compact air compressor, resulting in greater efficiency and a high return on investment.
- Offers the breaking capacity of a 66-lb. breaker or greater, but weighs only 55 lbs.
- Sofstart two-step trigger lets the operator start the breaker slowly for full control over the chisel’s starting position and placement.
- Operates with a constant pressure control that features improved energy transfer from the breaker to the new RHEX power chisel.
- Generates a powerful breaking force and features a concave tip profile to significantly reduce jamming and promote operator productivity.
- Constant pressure chamber sits at the top of the breaker and serves as an advanced pneumatic suspension, which minimizes vibrations.
- Breaker’s minimal vibrations also minimize stress on its internal components, which means fewer spare parts replacements and less maintenance.
- Features a long piston design that delivers double the interaction time — 100 milliseconds — of the tool with the surface than conventional pistons. This results in higher impact energy per blow and faster results than what can be achieved with conventional breakers in the 60-lb. weight class.