Makita has released a new cordless cutting solution for wood panels and sheet goods with the 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 6-1/2” Plunge Circular Saw, model XPS01. It’s powered by two 18V lithium-ion batteries so users get maximum performance with no cords needed, and without leaving the versatile 18V LXT battery platform.
When used with the optional guide rail (sold separately) the XPS01 is engineered for smooth, accurate and splinter-free cuts in plywood and other large wood panels. It is ideal for cabinet installers, finish carpenters, stair installers, flooring installers, woodworkers, and general contractors.
- The XPS01 combines 18V X2 technology with an efficient brushless motor for maximum performance and true freedom from the cord.
- The variable speed control dial has a range of 2,500 – 6,300 and allows users to match the speed to the application.
- It has a large cutting capacity (2-3/16” at 90 degrees and 1-9/16” at 45 degrees).
- For expanded cutting applications it will cut as close as 11/16” from a wall, and has a bevel capability (-1 degrees to 48 degrees) with positive stops at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees.
- For demanding applications, the Automatic Speed Change Technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during the cut for optimum and consistent performance.
- In addition, the efficient brushless motor is engineered for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life than non-brushless motors.
- Additional features include electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load, soft start for smoother start-ups, and electric brake.
- For added precision, the built-in depth stop allows a preliminary first cut of 2 to 3 mm to be performed prior to cutting through the entire material. This “scoring” feature is engineered for clean and splinter-free cutting.