The Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) – the global authority for the tilt-up concrete construction industry – announces Andrew McPherson, president of Seretta Construction, as president of the TCA Board of Directors, and the slate of officers for 2017.
McPherson has a BS from the University of Houston and is a voting member on ACI committees 301H (specifications for tilt-up construction) and 551 (tilt-up construction). McPherson is also a licensed contractor in 20 states and Puerto Rico, a LEED AP, Face Co. certified in Ff/Fl layout and Dipstick operation, Allen Face & Co. certified in F-meter operation, NCRMA certified in pervious concrete placement and is both an ACI certified flatwork supervisor and tilt-up supervisor.
McPherson is involved in constructing all categories of tilt-up construction including retail, multi-story, distribution, industrial and cold storage.
"The TCA is, without a doubt, the voice of our industry,” McPherson says. “We will continue to build upon everything we are doing to make our industry stronger and better educated. I am proud to assume the leadership of this great organization."
“Andrew leads what remains an incredibly strong executive committee backed by an outstanding group of professionals serving on our board of directors,” says Mitch Bloomquist, executive director for TCA. “We have great momentum right now and I am confident this group will keep it going.”
Other officers serving the Board for 2017 are:
- Past President: Jeffrey Brown, Powers Brown Architecture
- Vice President: Tim Manherz, TAS Commercial Concrete
- Treasurer: Brad Nesset, Thermomass
- Secretary: Scott Bunney, KB Concrete Systems, Inc.
Those continuing service on the board are:
- John Adams, AH Harris Construction Supplies
- Frank Adames, Contratistas Civiles y Mecanicos (CCM)
- Mark Johnson, Johnson Structural Group
- Mike Denson, Innovative Brick Systems, LLC.
- Scott Collins, Meadow Burke
- Matthew Bell, LJB Inc.
- Mark Reed, E.E. Reed Construction
- Luke Eliot, BD Stevens Limited
- Shane Miller, DIVCON Inc.
- Tom Heffernan, Gensler