Pavement engineering firm The Transtec Group released a wireless option for the COMMAND Center concrete temperature and maturity system. Builders, subcontractors, suppliers, testing firms, owners and owner agencies, engineers, and architects can measure and log concrete temperature history, calculate maturity, and evaluate in-place strength with the free COMMAND Center for iOS app.
The COMMAND Center system employs small, self-powered sensors placed in fresh concrete that automatically measure temperature data at predetermined intervals and store data internally. When using COMMAND Center Wireless, the sensors connect to a reusable Sensor Reader Module (SRM) which transfers the sensor data to the iOS app via Bluetooth, or stores data locally for later transfer. The sensor data can be viewed, analyzed, and shared in real-time.
- Wireless sensor data transmission means construction teams can safely collect data from hard to reach or hazardous locations.
- COMMAND Center Wireless also allows teams to immediately share data via email or Dropbox and create professional PDF reports right in the app.
- The iOS app is completely free, reusable SRMs are $99, and sensors start at just $35.
- Discounted COMMAND Center Wireless kits that include an iPod touch with a rugged, waterproof case, SRMs, and sensors are also available to purchase.
- The COMMAND Center team offers free web-based training for simplified on-boarding for new customers and a hassle-free transition for existing customers.
- COMMAND Center for iOS is compatible with iPhones, iPods, and iPads running iOS 8.0 or later.
- Files created in the iOS app are fully compatible with COMMAND Center for Windows software, allowing even more flexibility for concrete temperature and maturity monitoring implementations. COMMAND Center is ASTM C 1074 compliant.