The Cat S61 boasts an integrated FLIR thermal imaging camera with enhanced software for greater image contrast, expanded temperature range to 400 degrees Celsius and an upgrade from VGA to High-Definition detail from the visible camera providing unmatched image optimization using FLIR’s MSX technology.
These new features and enhancements help enable a new set of use cases where portability, connectivity and greater image quality are necessary. Vehicle diagnostics, asphalt monitoring and higher temperature equipment monitoring are now possible with the Cat S61, in addition to the many traditional use cases that include detecting heat loss around windows and doors, spotting moisture and missing insulation, identifying over-heating electrical appliances and overloaded circuitry, and seeing in complete darkness or through obscurants such as light fog or smoke.
The MyFlir application has also been upgraded on the Cat S61. New, sought-after features including live streaming of thermal imaging, on-device Tips and Tricks and a Community Forum help users get the most out of the S61’s thermal imaging capabilities.
The Cat S61 also includes an indoor air quality sensor from Sensirion to alert users to high levels of indoor air pollutants (Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs) in their working environment. Common sources of VOC’s include paints, solvents, carpets, furniture and cleaning products, all common in the environments typical to Cat phone users. The Cat S61 will keep watch over indoor air quality levels and inform users when an unhealthy environment is detected, allowing them to make timely decisions such as opening a window to improve ventilation or taking a break. The sensor can also provide humidity and current temperature readings.
The Cat S61 also comes with laser assisted distance measurement which can measure point-to-point distances up to 10m, then calculate area, and switch between Metric and Imperial measurement. All data is saved within the image so alternative measurement estimates can be taken or adjustments made without returning to the site.
The Cat S61 has a large 5.2-in. FHD screen, protected by Gorilla Glass 5 and optimized for outdoor use. It also boasts leading rugged credentials. It is IP68 dustproof and waterproof up to 3m for 1 hour. It conforms to MIL Spec 810G, and it is built to survive repeated drop-tests onto concrete from 1.8m.
“We know that 60% of Cat S60 customers use the integrated thermal camera at least once per week and the temperature and resolution improvements found in the new Cat S61 will open up thermal imaging to many more users and use cases," said Peter Stephens, CEO Bullitt Group, global mobile device licensee for Caterpillar. "Packing in even more genuinely useful tools of the trade means there’s simply no other smartphone out there that can do everything the S61 can. We are incredibly proud of it.”
“We are excited to support Bullitt Group through our Thermal by FLIR partner program and integrate our micro thermal imaging camera on the next generation Cat S61," said Frank Pennisi, President of the FLIR Industrial Business Unit. "The Cat S60 proved to be an incredible vehicle for introducing more people to the benefits thermal imaging and we look forward to expanding that further with the Cat S61.”
Cat S61 key features
- Aluminium reinforced die-cast frame
- MIL Spec 810G
- Built to survive repeated drop tests onto concrete from 1.8m
- IP68 dustproof and waterproof, tested in water up to 3m deep for 1 hour
- Screen protected by the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- FLIR Thermal camera: Lepton
- Increased measurable scene temperature range -20°C to 400°C
- Enhanced MyFLIR app with Live Streaming of thermal images
- Improved FLIR MSX image resolution
- Laser assisted area and distance measurement, up to 10m
- VOC indoor air quality meter and humidity sensor
- Android Oreo (with upgrade to P)
- 5.2-in. FHD bright display, optimized for outdoor use
- Touch screen can be controlled with gloves on or with wet fingers
- Large 4500mAh capacity battery, QC4.0 compatible
- 16MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, 4K video
- 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM (expandable with MicroSD)
- 2.2GHz Octa-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 630)
- LTE Cat 13, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- Enhanced GPS, BT5.0, NFC, dual band WiFi (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Curated app catalogue for rugged device users